Communication for Health and Social Care
Being able to communicate effectively is a prerequisite for any positive interaction within the health and social care sector, be this with a service user, carer, colleague or external agency. Within the health and social care sector there are methods of communication that learners need to be able to use correctly and effectively.
In this course learners will look at the variety of communication methods used within health and social care practice. They will outline the principles of effective communication and how to identify and overcome common barriers to effective communication. Learners will become familiar with the different methods of oral and written communication used, such as handing over information to colleagues face-to-face or by telephone and the benefits and potential weaknesses of each.
Why Online ?
- Cost effective - Typically UK diploma starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with online study, you can enjoy saving more than 60% on your educational investment.
- Practical Content - The coursework is immediately applicable to the careers, and you can earn long-term gains including increase in salary and promotions
- Study anytime, anywhere - You don't have to attend a College campus, so you can study from anywhere in the world. The online delivery enables you to download the lecture notes, submit assignments wherever you are.
- Assessments - Assessment is via assignment submission
Who is this course for?
The programme provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding of the sector, and to support the individuals development into senior positions. On completion of this course, the learner can gain entry to Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
In order to apply you should have either:
- Learners should be 16 years and above to take this course OR;
- Those who want to develop their careers in health and social care can apply.
1. Understand the role of effective communication in health and social care practice.
2. Communicate information in a variety of formats.
3. Understand the importance of ICT in
communicating in health and social care
Assessment is via assignment submission
The fee for the programme is as follows:
- - Accelerated mode @
- - Standard mode @
The programme offers following fee payment plans: