Level 3 Certificate in Care and Management of Diabetes
This course enables learners to develop an understanding of what it is like to work in health and social care. Diabetes, especially type 2 diabetes, is a growing healthcare issue in the UK and other parts of the world.
Many service users will have diabetes and the associated complications associated with it. This can seriously affect quality of life and, in some cases, can lead to the need for limb amputation causing enormous physical and psychological challenges for the service user. In this course learners will develop an understanding of the physiology behind the condition, associated complications and associated treatment and care needs.
Why Online ?
- Cost effective - Typically UK diploma starts from GBP £3000 per annum, but with online study, you can enjoy saving more than 60% on your educational investment.
- Practical Content - The coursework is immediately applicable to the careers, and you can earn long-term gains including increase in salary and promotions
- Study anytime, anywhere - You don't have to attend a College campus, so you can study from anywhere in the world. The online delivery enables you to download the lecture notes, submit assignments wherever you are.
- Assessments - Assessment is via assignment submission
Who is this course for?
The programme provides the opportunity for individuals to forge a career in health and social care by seeking a greater knowledge and understanding of the sector, and to support the individuals development into senior positions. On completion of this course, the learner can gain entry to Level 3 Health and Social Care qualification.
The programme is available in 2 duration modes:
In order to apply you should have either:
- Learners should be 16 years and above to take this course OR;
- Those who want to develop their careers in health and social care can apply.
1.Understand the main roles and responsibilities of health and social care
workers when delivering care.
2. Understand the roles of regulatory and professional bodies in relation to the delivery of high-quality care.
3. Evaluate the role and responsibilities of the inter-professional team in delivering health and social care.
4.Understand the causes and effects of type 2 diabetes.
5. Examine the clinical investigations associated with diagnosis of type 2 diabetes.
6. Understand the treatment and support available for service users with
type 2 diabetes.
Assessment is via assignment submission
The fee for the programme is as follows:
- - Accelerated mode @
- - Standard mode @
The programme offers following fee payment plans: